This is how I would prepare for a walk:
- drinking water (1 day per person)
- cooking water
- precooked noodles, butter, parm cheese
- dehydrated meal of some kind that I can reuse the cooking water for
- pistachios and other trail nuts and raisins
- granola bars
- solo stove and pot, utensils, cups
- lightweight tarp
- emergency ponchos and/or blanket
- bowie knife and pocket knife
- swedish fire steel, fatwood (egg carton, lint, cotton, wax)
- first aid kit, cellphone with full charge, emergency radio, emergency beacon
- toilet paper or moist wipes.
- favorite stuffed animal
- your notes: 5 C's, rule of 3's
Since we are two people, even though she's 6, we should have two packs and just a little redundancy. for example two tarps, divide the cordage, divide the water.
And the most important?
- the good sense to know when to drop everything and carry her back to camp
- plan the route
- tell a friend and set limits for return