I have a couple of Florida camping notes that I had not previously considered in too much detail.
- hammocks may not be permitted because they damage trees; straps or not. Frankly if you are not experienced you could hurt yourself and much of it depends on the type of trees and the quality of the soil.
- if you are 2 campers then get a 4P tent. The rule is 2x the number of people.
- use a cot so there is circulation around you.
- tent should have plenty of ventilation so pick your tent and tent site carefully
- consider blankets instead of sleeping bags
Specific brands are subject to debate.